Monday, October 1, 2007

Having a Nice Boss

With the rigors of everyday work, it would be nice if you had a boss whom you could get along very well with. It would be really great if you had someone who was a joy to work for. I was blessed with a very nice boss on my very first job. By nice I didn't mean that she did not let me do anything at the office. In fact, she demanded that I do everything well. I was the customer associate so she wanted me to be very courteous, polite and very attentive to my client's needs. Besides that I had to handle the documents and other paper work so she wanted everything in order. I have no complaints about that because it was my job. When something was new to me or when I had some questions, she would patiently explain things to me and would gladly answer my questions. She was always fair in giving evaluation as well.

On my part, I wanted her to look good in front of the senior officials of the company. From time to time she would go out with the president who market potentials clients so I provided her with all the numbers she needed to know. And the president was known to ask questions about the branch's performance during outings and meetings. My boss never failed to give him the answers. She always knew how we were doing and gave the answers without even looking at her notes.

Giving her the notes wasn't really part of the job but she needed someone to do it, and I was just glad to do that for her. I guess what I'm really trying to say is it is not always that we would get a very nice boss. So when we get one, it would be nice if we give something back to make his or her job easier and make them perform better as well.

No comments: