Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Going Back to Work

My kid was just a toddler when I decided to work again. But I thought that I should try working through the internet. This way I would still be at home and be able to supervise what he's doing. I would also be able to attend to his needs any time he needs them.

I did my research and found many sites that offered online jobs. But then I found out that many of them asked for membership fees. So it took me some time to sort out which ones were free and which ones were not. I wanted to try the free sites at first since it was my first time to look for a job over the net. I also wanted to avoid getting scammed. What added to the difficulty was that I didn't have a broadband at that time. All I had was a dial up connection which got disconnected quite so often.

After some time and after going through the research and the application, my patience paid off and I finally found my first job as a transcriptionist. I didn't have any experience yet at that time but I actually past the test and got the job. That stint didn't last long though because my employer then went short of clients and projects. But shortly then after I found another job, this time I posted on forums. This the most fun job I had. I enjoyed it because I got to talk to many people around the world and got to share ideas and knowledge with them. I learned many things from that job too. I also got a job as a ghostwriter for someone who published tips on various topics. This was also something I liked doing. All I had to do was write tips on some things I already knew about and that was it.

There are all kinds of jobs or ways of earning through the internet. If you are patient enough you will surely find them. There are sites like craigslist.org, worldwideworkathome.com, pcworkathome.net and many others to help. If you are just starting out job hunting through the net, just research which sites will be more useful to you. Then start applying for the jobs you find interesting and like doing. You may not get the first job you applied for but keep trying and you will also find the job that is for you.

No comments: