Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Balancing Your Life

One's life can never be perfect. There would always be something missing. And I have always believed that in order to obtain that thing you find missing, you have to let go of some things even just to some degree. And so we have to know which things we value more than the others.

We could be making big bucks but we would rarely see our husband or our wife. We wouldn't have time for our children. We wouldn't even have time for ourselves. Is that the life you want for yourself?

On the other hand, we could have all the time in the world taking care of taking care of the house, children and spouse. But we wouldn't have enough money to pay the bills. That wouldn't be so good either.

That is why we need to balance our lives. We need to prioritize things and we need to know which comes first. For me, my first priority in this material world would be my family. It is for them that I want to earn a good living. This would lead to my second priority which would be my work. I have to make a living to help my husband provide for my family. That is why I would always put my heart and my commitment to my work. I would do everything I can to produce the best output in whichever work I am doing. And last but certainly not the least, I also give priority to myself because what good will my intentions be if I will not be able fulfill them. And I also need to feel good about myself to have the energy to be able to be there my family and continue live life as it comes.

No comments: